Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ironic

My sister has been bugging me for quite some time now to update my personal blog. I don't know what has gotten into me, but blogging has been at the bottom lately. So sorry.

I titled this post "Ironic" because my sister and my proverb for the day go hand in hand.. and so does my procrastination.

Beginning is Easy; continuing is hard- Japanese

One of the things that we have always duped my poor sister as is the one who always wants to be finished before its over. It's a trait I have picked up as well.. take this blog for instance. I started it, and have a hard time continuing it.. or for example the scarf I am in the middle of making, the caramels that are sitting on my counter waiting to be wrapped, my daughters baby book that has been calling my name for the last 5 and a half months, what is my deal? I love to start things but why can't I finish them?

What is something that you have started and are having a hard time finishing?

7 comments:

Becca said...

yeah for an update... what do you mean I always want to be finished... ok! Now that I think of it!Your right~

AnieCooper said...

Glad to see you added a new post :) Something I have trouble finishing is my paperwork and planning for my classroom. I get very excited about teaching a new lesson and then once I get it started I have trouble completing it. Very frustrating...speaking of which I am procrastinating doing that exact thing right now! ;)

The Gallup Family said...

hi jenny I am friends with nick and molly found your blog thru them. Molli says you and I are alot alike. From reading some of yer journals I would have to agree!! ne ways check out me at brandon and tammy on nick and molli's site. k hi the reason for this gay comment sorry I think you and your family is totally cute! I had a ? bout one of your projects. Can you call me or email me? my # 909.615.4405 or bgallup1@yahoo.com thanks so much- Tammy;)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

join the club! maybe its a mom thing! I never have a problem starting laundry... but rarely do I get to folding it- does that count as an unfinished project! I could name so many others if you want me to!

Reena said...

Gee Jen, I wonder where that comes from...hmmmm. Want to go through my basement and see all the things I've started but never got to finish? I've had plenty of opportunity to finish them too! Sorry this curse was passed on. Love you tons, MOM

Mands Glenn said...

Christmas Cards. Well. . . actually just getting our whole family to take a picture. Can you believe there is only 3 of us and it is hard? They might just have to be Happy New Year cards this year.

kori said...

jenny....you need a new post!